Skip to main content

Author's Spotlight - Leah Forney

Leah M. Forney, author of Unapologetically Me. In this book, Forney recounts her personal story of abandonment and redemption to inspire others and teach them that even the painful parts of our lives have a purpose.



TW: What do you want others to take from your story?

LF: I want people to take away hope from my story. I didn't have the ideal upbringing like many of my friends did. But, I was determined to not a statistic but to be a beacon of hope for men, women, and children just like me. I am a firm believer that it is not how you start it is how you end that matters. 

TW: How difficult was it to write your story?

LF: It was very difficult because it was therapeutic for me. I was writing about a lot of traumas that many people like myself have faced and still go through. It was a release for me. 

TW: What advice do you have for someone who is scared to tell their story?

LF:  My advice would be do it anyway. Make sure that you have already gone through the process of healing before you release it to the world. I had to make sure that I was in a healthy place first before I released my book because of the many traumas that are being talked about in my book.

TW: Did you notify your family that you were writing your book before you started? If so, what was their reaction?

LF: Lol. I told them a few months before the book was released. I wanted to prepare them for what was in my book. They have been supportive of my book which has made it easy for me to keep doing what I love to do which is write.

TW: What are your hopes for this project?

LF: My hope for this project is to motivate, inspire, and encourage a generation of hopeless and helpless people. There is more to life than your present-day circumstances. I am witness that God can do more with your pain than you can ever imagine. Your pain has a purpose. 

TW: Do have plans of writing more books?

LF: Absolutely. I am releasing two in 2018. My second book is releasing early 2018. I am excited about this one. It's entitled The Courage to Win: Igniting the winner within.

TW: What is the most difficult part of your artistic process?

LF: The most difficult part is writing. I give a lot of thought to what I want my next book to be about. I think about what my readers need to hear in this season of their lives. Once I have an idea then the hard part starts which is writing. I always know that this is something I should be writing and releasing because the words flow easily. If I am stuck in my writing, it is usually an indication for me that this is not the direction to go in. 

TW: Do you have a favorite author or book?

LF: Yes, I have several. Right now, my favorite author is Shonda Rhimes. She is such an inspiration for me. Her book, “The Year of Yes”, was my motivation to keep writing my book. I love to read books by Sarah Jakes Roberts, Pastor John Gray, Steve Harvey just to name a few.

TW: If you could tell your younger writer self-anything, what would it be?

LF: I would have told her to keep writing. I used to write a lot as a child because it was my way of releasing pain of not being raised by my parents. I gave up writing for a while. So, I would have told my younger self to keep writing because one day your story is going to matter to millions of people all over the world. 

TW: What does literary success look like to you?

LF:  Literary success for me is inspiring one person. It wasn't my plan to be an author. It was God's plan. If I can be a light in a dark place for people than I believe I am successful. 

TW: How has this book changed your life?

LF: Wow. My life has changed so much since becoming an author. I have had many opportunities as an author to be on the radio, blogs, magazine features, touring in different cities. It has been a life changing experience for me. I have always been the person who was comfortable being behind the scenes. Now, I am being called to the front. It is still an adjustment some days to my new normal. But, I wouldn't change it for anything in the world.  

Leah's book is bold and audacious and I highly recommend this book for anyone looking for inspiration on how you can overcome the tough obstacles life throws at you. 

Unapologetically Me can be purchased on Amazon at the link below:


https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XQRC8Y6/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author in the Spotlight - Grahame Peace

The next author in the spotlight, 6 - Time Author, Grahame Peace. With his latest book, A Journey into Fashion: The Dressing Room. TW : What is your writing process? GP : I am disciplined in terms of how I write; I write most days for several hours. I also, do a lot of research for my books in terms of facts and history; although my books are fiction and fantasy, I want them to be as historically and factually accurate as possible. TW : How difficult was it to write your story? GP : I’m currently working on my seventh book, which is the fifth in my Ghost from the Molly-House series. Each book in the series gets harder to write in terms of coming up with new ideas. That’s why historical research is so important; it often drives the concept for a new story or stories. My stories are set in different time periods, places, and countries. TW : What is your hope for this project? GP : Hopes? That people will like it, enjoy it, spread word of my work, and want to read th

Author's Spotlight - Sharika K. Forde

Our next Author in the Spotlight is Sharika K. Forde, author of The Awakening! T W : W h at  is your writing process?  SKF : I have two different styles of writing. Sometimes a title will come to me and I will write a poem from that. The other is when a couple of sentences will come to my mind then I will jot them down and continue the flow. The second style normally is the easiest one for me to write from. T W :  How difficult was it to write your story? SKF : The Awakening Book of Poems wasn’t difficult for me to write because all of my poems come from emotions or experiences I’ve gone through. The difficult part was publishing it and putting it all out there for the world to see. It took years for me to build up my confidence to share it. T W :  What are your  hopes for this project? SKF : There’s a quote from me on the back of my back, it states “Everyone has a story. Some tell theirs through songs. Others through jokes. Mine is through poetry”. My hopes are tha

Author in the Spotlight - Kami Love

Our next Spotlight is Child Author, Kami Love, author of Kami's Spa Party. TW : What is your writing process? KL : My writing process begins with prayer, followed by my headphones and different music to get my creativity flowing. TW : How difficult was it to write your story? KL : It was not difficult at all! TW : What are your hopes for this project? KL : Joy, I also hope for more speaking opportunities. TW : Do have plans for writing more books? KL : Yes, I have plans to write at least two more stories. TW : What is your favorite genre of books and do you plan on venturing in those areas? KL : Fiction, this book is in my favorite genre. TW : What do you want readers to know about you? KL : I am very cool and very smart. TW : Do you have a favorite author or book? KL : My favorite book is Arthur. TW : What is the most difficult part of your artistic process? KL : The most difficult part was publishing and editing. TW : How has